Are you going to try quitting?
Great American Smokeout–Thursday, November 17
Successfully quitting tobacco is a matter of planning and commitment, not luck. Decide now on your own plan. Some options include using nicotine replacement therapy, enrolling in the Montana Tobacco Quit Line, and using self-help books and pamphlets. For the best chance at success, your plan should include one or more of these options. On your quit day, follow these suggestions:
- Do not use tobacco – not even one puff or chew!
- Stay active – try walking, exercising, or doing other activities or hobbies.
- Drink lots of water and 100% juices.
- Start using nicotine replacement if that’s your plan.
- Call or visit the Montana Tobacco Quit Line 1(800) QUIT-NOW.
- Avoid situations where the urge to smoke or use tobacco is strong.
- Limit or avoid alcohol.
- Think about changing your routine: Use a different route to get to work. Drink tea instead of coffee. Eat breakfast in a different place or eat different foods.