Sweet and Savory Grilled Cheese
(Makes 2 grilled cheese sandwiches)
4 slices of 100% whole wheat bread
1-2 Tbsp of butter, or non-dairy spread
2 Tbsp honey
10 thin apple slices (a tart apple recommended, but any will work)
Colby-Monterey Jack and Swiss cheese, sliced into thin slices
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. While the skillet is warming, spread a thin layer of butter or preferred spread on one side of each of the slices of bread.
- Put the bread non-butter side down onto the skillet. This will heat the face of the bread to melt the cheese and warm the apples. Heat for 2 minutes.
- Turn bread butter-side down on the warm skilled. Divide the honey, and spread 1 Tbsp of onto 2 slices of the bread.
- Layer desired amount of cheese slices and apple slices on the honey. Top the sandwiches with the remaining 2 slices of bread, and heat on both sides until the cheese is melted and the sides of both sandwiches are golden brown.
Town & Country Foods [Prices valid Thursday, August 31 – Wednesday, September 6]
- Gala Apples – $.89/lb
- Bartlett Pears – $.89/lb
- Tomatoes on the Vine – $.79/lb
- Baby Carrots – $.79/lb
Check out more deals at: http://tncfoods.com/weekly-ad/
Smith’s [Prices valid Wednesday, August 30 – Tuesday, September 5]
- Yellow Peaches – $.98/lb
- Bartlett Pears – $.99/lb
- Kroger Cheese, 8oz block – $1.88
And many other deals! Check out the full ad here: https://www.smithsfoodanddrug.com/weeklyad?StoreCode=00170&DivisionId=706
Rosauers [Prices valid Wednesday, August 30 – Tuesday, September 5]
- Sweet Corn on the Cob – 3 for $.99
- Whole Cantaloupe – $.39/lb
- Seedless Watermelon – $.39/lb
- Bolthouse Baby Carrots – 2 for $3
- Crystal Farms Cheese, 8oz block – 2 for $5
Check out the full ad for more savings: http://www.rosauers.com/weekly-ad-display/?zone=11
Safeway / Albertson’s [Prices valid Wednesday, August 30 – Tuesday, September 5]
- Sweet Corn – 4 for $1
Check out the rest of Safeway & Albertson’s ads here: http://plan.safeway.com/Circular/Bozeman-1735-W-Main-St-/4EAC74607