How to Prepare
Are you prepared for an Emergency?
Along with the processes that the Gallatin City-County Health Department and other agencies have in place in case of an emergency, there are a number of things you can do to prepare for a public health emergency or natural disaster, in order to protect yourself and your family.
• Indentifying the Risks – Research and create a list of those emergency situations that are more likely to affect you and your family. For example, in Gallatin County, it may be flooding and severe weather, among other things.
• Creating a Family Emergency Plan – This includes choosing an out of area contact, temporary accommodations, and a plan for your pets. Keep emergency numbers accessible at all times.
• Putting Emergency Kits Together – Depending on the type of emergency you’re preparing for, kits can include first aid supplies, water, food, and much more.
• Checking Emergency Plans – Make sure you know emergency preparedness plans at work and in your children’s schools.
• Practicing your Plan – Practice your emergency preparedness plans as a family at least once a year.
ReadyGallatin – A Comprehensive website for Gallatin County’s Emergency Management Resources
Ready.gov – FEMA’s website for emergency preparedness
Ready Pet Guide – Creating an emergency plan for your pets
Questions? Call the Gallatin City-County Health Department at (406) 582-3100.