Financial & General Resources

Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital Financial Assistance

As a nonprofit hospital, Bozeman Health Deaconess Hospital is committed to providing medically necessary healthcare to all, regardless of financial ability to pay. To ensure that cost is not a barrier to our community, they offer a variety of financial assistance programs.

Patient Financial Services

(406) 522-1720 or (877) 522-1720


Greater Gallatin Community Resource Guide

A comprehensive guide to resources in Gallatin County. A project of the Early Childhood Community Council (ECCC) with the Greater Gallatin United Way.

(406) 587-2194


The Health Insurance Marketplace

Check out instructions on how Montanans can apply for health insurance through a brand new health insurance marketplace that is designed by to make it more affordable and accessible.


Healthy Montana Kids (HMK)

A free or low-cost health coverage plan providing health coverage to eligible Montana children and teenagers up to age 19. A child can qualify for HMK based on family size and income.

Contact: (406) 222-1111


Love Inc.

Serving Gallatin County residents who have material, emotional, or spiritual needs. Services include:

• Personalized budget planning

• Gifts of donated baby items

• Respite care

• Meals and gifts at holiday times

• Meals when recovering from hospital stay or illness

• Help in filing forms (insurance, Medicare, Medicaid)

• Transitional support (hospital discharge, prison release)

• Spiritual support

• Transportation & housing help

• Crisis help

• Meals (delivered to the door)

• Emergency housing (very limited basis)

• Temporary storage of household items

• Emotional support during crisis

• Pet care during hospitalization

• Material help – donated items (subject to availability)

Hours: Monday – Thursday, 10 am – 2 pm

Phone: (406) 587-3008


Montana Medicaid

A joint federal-state program that pays for a broad range of medically necessary health care and long-term care for eligible low-income Montanans. Medicaid is governed under broad national guidelines, but each state can establish its own eligibility standards, decide what services to cover and for how long, and set the rate of payment for services. In Montana, the Medicaid program is administered by the Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS). To be eligible for Montana Medicaid, you must meet financial requirements that take into account your income, assets, and resources. You must be a Montana resident and a U.S. citizen (or qualified non-citizen), and you must fall into one of the following groups:

• Parents or other related adults with dependent children under age 19

• Children

• Pregnant women

• Women diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer or pre-cancer

• People aged 65 or older

• People who are blind or disabled (using Social Security criteria)

Medicaid recipients receive either full or basic Medicaid coverage based on which eligibility group they fall into. Those who are eligible for full coverage are able to get coverage for all services that Medicaid covers, assuming they are medically necessary. Full Medicaid is provided to recipients who are:

• Under age 21

• Blind or disabled

• Age 65 or older

• Pregnant

For more information & applications, go to:

Contact: Health &Human Services Building

237 West Main Street, Bozeman, 59715

Phone: (406) 582-3010


Montana Veteran’s Affairs

• Establishing a statewide network of services for discharged veterans and their families.

• Providing services and assistance for all Montana veterans, surviving spouses, and dependents in coordination with associated federal and state agencies, veterans’ services organizations, private organizations and individuals.

• Continuing education and assistance for the general public, governmental agencies, and elected officials regarding veterans’ services, programs, initiatives and policy.

• Administering, operating, and maintaining Montana’s state veteran cemeteries.

Contact: (406) 324-3740 or (406) 388-4601


Veteran Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Crisis Website:

RCS Combat Call Center:

1-877-927-8387 (War Vets)


Office of Public Assistance

Programs include:


• Medicaid

• Social Security


• Energy Assistance


Contact: Health &Human Services Building

237 West Main Street, Bozeman, 59715

(406) 582-3010


Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)

Providing temporary financial assistance to needy families. A household may receive TANF benefits for no more than 60 months. Those who may be eligible for TANF benefits are:

• Minor children;

• Certain relatives with whom minor children are living, including siblings;

• Women in their last trimester of pregnancy who have no other eligible children; and

• Refugees with minor dependent children.

Among other requirements, applicants must meet income and asset criteria, be citizens or legal aliens intending to live in Montana, and furnish a Social Security number.

For more information & applications, go to:

Contact: Health &Human Services Building

237 West Main Street, Bozeman, 59715

Phone: (406) 582-3010