The Big Latch On!
Saturday, August 5, 10:00am – 2:00pm
Bozeman Public Library
Welcome to our 5th annual Big Latch On – Gallatin Valley event! On the same day, all around the world, mothers will be latching their babies/toddlers/children to recognize the value of breastfeeding. Community members, friends, and families will gather to show their support. Come be a part of this international event and make a difference in your own community! There will be activities for families, gift bags, raffles, and giveaways. Show your support of breastfeeding and stop by!
The Lactation Education Program serves all pregnant and breastfeeding families in Gallatin, Park and Madison counties.
Breastfeeding can be a challenging and rewarding experience for a new family! Having the support and resources to be successful can assist mothers in meeting their breastfeeding goals. Mothers in rural areas of Gallatin, Park and Madison counties often find it difficult to connect with lactation services. Our Lactation Education Program is specifically designed with rural families in mind!
The Lactation Education Program services include:
- 24 Hour Breastfeeding Hotline to answer your questions and concerns when YOU need them answered. Via text or call, you can reach a Certified Lactation Counselor on weekends, during the evening and on holidays at (406) 539-1741.
- Tele-Health Visits via iPhone, iPad, WebEx or Webinar by appointment in your community.
- In-Home Lactation Consultations by appointment.
- Clinic Lactation Consultation in your community when available.
- FREE Baby Bistros weekly in Bozeman and Livingston and bi-monthly in Ennis and Belgrade.
- FREE monthly Breastfeeding Basics and Working & Breastfeeding Classes in Bozeman. Quarterly classes are offered in Ennis at the Madison Valley Medical Center.
- Support and continuing education opportunities to assist health care providers in meeting the breastfeeding needs of families in their practice.
- Support and education for employers to assist in complying with the new Affordable Care Act 2010 mandates concerning breastfeeding in the workplace.
Breast Pump Rentals
As part of the Lactation Education Program, Gallatin City-County Health Department has Medela breast pump rentals available. Cost is determined by a sliding scale. We deliver to Madison, Gallatin and Park Counties at no additional charge. For more information, call Melenie at 406.582.3182 or the 24-hour Breastfeeding Hotline, 406.539.1741.
For downloadable resources:
Breastfeeding is a personal decision. No mother should feel guilty if she cannot or chooses not to breastfeed. However, for mothers who desire to breastfeed, their success can be greatly improved through the support of their families, friends, communities, clinicians, health care leaders and employers.
The way a family nourishes their baby can have lifelong health and social benefits. The Lactation Education Program is here to assist in supporting the health of our communities in rural Montana. For questions regarding lactation services in your community, contact us at (406) 582-3182.
For more information:
Learn more about: