The Lactation Education Program serves all pregnant and breastfeeding families in Gallatin County.
Breastfeeding can be a challenging and rewarding experience for a new family! Having the support and resources to be successful can assist mothers in meeting their breastfeeding goals. Our Lactation Education Program is specifically designed with families in mind!
The Lactation Education Program services include:
- A Certified Lactation Counselor to answer your questions and concerns. Call or text 406.579.2835.
- In-Home Lactation Consultations by appointment.
- Clinic Lactation Consultation in your community when available.
- FREE monthly Breastfeeding Basics and Working & Breastfeeding Classes in Bozeman.
- Support and continuing education opportunities to assist health care providers in meeting the breastfeeding needs of families in their practice.
- Collaboration with other breastfeeding and lactation support and resources in the community.
- Assistance creating Breastfeeding Friendly Workplaces
Breast Pump Rentals
As part of the Lactation Education Program, Gallatin City-County Health Department has Medela breast pump rentals available. Cost is determined by a sliding scale. We deliver throughout Gallatin County at no additional charge. For more information, call Daisy at 406.579.2835.
Breastfeeding is a personal decision. No mother should feel guilty if she cannot or chooses not to breastfeed. However, for mothers who desire to breastfeed, their success can be greatly improved through the support of their families, friends, communities, clinicians, health care leaders and employers.
The way a family nourishes their baby can have lifelong health and social benefits. The Lactation Education Program is here to assist in supporting the health of our breastfeeding mothers. For questions regarding lactation services in your community, contact us at (406) 579.2835.