Workplace Wellbeing Programs
A culture of health in the workplace adds up. Healthy employees are happier, miss fewer days of work, are more productive and have lower overall healthcare costs.
Implementing a program into your own workplace is simple, and the costs are minimal. Things such as lunchtime walks, offering nutritious snacks at meetings and health education all add up to better health without hurting the budget.
Using the well-respected and time proven methods of the WELCOA Workplace Wellbeing Program, Healthy Gallatin can help you:
- Capture senior level support
- Create an action plan
- Put together a cohesive and diverse employee wellness team to spearhead the program
- Provide education for employees about breast, cervical, colorectal cancers; physical activity and nutrition; self-care and stress management; quitting tobacco use; arthritis self-management; and other healthy lifestyle choices
- Select programs that align with employee needs, desires, requests and motivations
- Create a supportive environment to increase engagement, boost program retention and improve employee well-being
- Consistently evaluate outcomes and make adjustments as needed
For help setting up a Workplace Wellbeing Program in your business, call Molly McKinney, 406.582.3100.
Breastfeeding Friendly Workplaces
Providing mothers with a Breastfeeding Friendly workplace is more than just a requirement of state labor laws, there significant benefits for employers. A study of several companies with lactation support programs showed that they retained 94.2% of their employees after maternity leave, compared with the national average of only 59%.1
On top of that, supporting breastfeeding employees saves money in health care costs, decreases employee absenteeism, and improves recruitment and retention.
Ortiz J., McGilligan K., Kelly P. (2004). Duration of breast milk expression among working mothers enrolled in an employer-sponsored lactation program. Pediatr Nurs; 30:111-119.