International Travel Clinic
Traveling outside of the United States? Meet with one of our travel nurses for a specialized overseas travel consultation before you go. Depending on your itinerary, you may need vaccinations to help protect you from some food, waterborne, and insect-borne diseases that are common in certain countries.
What happens in a travel appointment?
- The nurse prepares information based on your itinerary. The more specific you are about your plans the better we can tailor the travel advice.
- We will also assess the need for malaria prophylaxis, depending on your itinerary. We are unable to prescribe malaria medication and antibiotics but we can provide you a list to discuss with your provider.
- In addition to country specific information, the nurse will provide you with safe food and water instructions, insect borne precautions and road safety tips.
- We will provide a list of items for a suggested medical kit.
- We have information on a variety of travel insurance programs.
Some of the vaccinations provided include:
Things to bring with you to your appointment:
- The nurse will be reviewing your vaccine history with you. You will need to bring along a copy of all routine and travel vaccines you have received, as there are certain vaccines you would not need to get over again once you have completed the series.
- You will also need to bring your insurance information so we can submit any vaccines you may get to your insurance. (You should contact your insurance in advance to see if they cover travel vaccines.)
To learn more about the vaccines you may need for your trip, click on the resources below:
- $20 for travel appointments, to be paid at time of service.
- An additional $10 will be charged per person for the travel appointment.
- The travel fee will be waived for:
- MSU students who have already attended the travel seminar conducted by student health
- ROTC student with immunization orders
- Experienced international travelers who need a typhoid or tetanus booster
- There is no charge for follow up appointments.
Please call for pricing questions and to make an appointment with a travel nurse: 406-582-3100
Gallatin City-County Health Department
215 West Mendenhall in Bozeman