Food truck

 Food Events and

Farmers Markets

In Gallatin County, there are numerous temporary events held throughout the year at which food is served to the general public (for example: Christmas Stroll, Sweet Pea, Potato Festival, Customer Appreciation BBQ, etc.). In these situations, all vendors that will be serving food to the public, both for a fee or for free, must possess either:

 A Montana Retail Food License (mobile or catering endorsement)


A Temporary Event Food Service

Both of these permits are approved by the Gallatin City-County Health Department’s Environmental Health Services, and licensing fees may be required.

Click here for a full list of guidelines from the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (MDPHHS).

For more information on specific programs, check out:

Pet Food

Pet treats for sale at Farmers’ Markets or as a cottage food, must be registered by the Department of Agriculture. For information, go to Department of Agriculture, and click on Pet Food.


Forms & Applications



Contact Gallatin City-County Health Department (GCCHD) for more information: (406) 582-3120 or