Public Hearing: First reading of draft proposal regarding Health Code 2 revisions for licensed establishments.

June 22, 2017

7:00 am, Gallatin County Courthouse, Community Room, 311 W. Main, Bozeman

Learn more here. Read draft proposal here.

The Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (MDPHHS) licenses public accommodations, and the Gallatin City-County Health Department performs inspections that assure the safety of the public and the prevention of unsanitary and unhealthful conditions and practices.


Public Accommodations Include:

• Bed and Breakfasts

• Hotels

• Motels

• Rooming/Boarding Houses

• Tourist Homes/Rentals



Licenses are owner and site specific, and Environmental Health Services needs to be contacted in the event of an ownership or location change. A plan review may be required for a new facility or the remodel/expansion of an existing facility. This includes:

• Submitting a complete plan review packet with appropriate fees

• Scheduling a pre-opening inspection upon approval of plans



Educational Brochures


Forms & Applications


Contact Gallatin City-County Health Department’s Environmental Health Services (GCCHD) for more information: (406) 582-3120 or ehs@gallatin.mt.gov